Yes Family First Life is a legitimate and good life insurance agency/brokerage(not an insurance company). In this Family First life insurance review we will discuss who they are, the products and services they offer, other reviews to consider and much more.
Keep in mind that buying insurance from Family First Life works the same way as buying insurance with us. You must speak with a licensed life insurance agent from the company to proceed with buying insurance.
Table of contents
Understanding Family First Life Insurance Agency/Brokerage
Family First Life(FFL) insurance is a legitimate independent marketing organization(IMO) insurance agency or broker. This means they work with multiple different life insurance companies to match your specific needs and situation to a particular insurance product.
This is a very good thing considering what he have mentioned about captive agencies in the past. Family First Life is also licensed in all 50 states which means no matter what state you are in they can look to find you a policy.
Captive insurance agencies or companies only offer one type of insurance policy to individuals. This means if you are sick an do not qualify for the particular product the captive company is offering you they cannot help you any further. Brokers like Family First Life and us look at multiple different products to find you the best coverage available.
Now Family First life sell’s life insurance(Final expense insurance, mortgage protection insurance which is term life, Indexed Universal Life Insurance) and annuities, Medicare and health insurance products.
Insurance Companies And Products Family First Life Offers
Family First Life’s life insurance company list has many of the same best life insurance companies for seniors that we work with. Among these following companies are both final expense and term life products available.
- Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance Company(Term & Final Expense Products)
- American Amicable Life Insurance Company(Term & Final Expense Products)
- Aetna Accendo(Final Expense Products)
- Prosperity Life Insurance(Final Expense Products)
- Transamerica(Term & Final Expense Products)
- American General(AIG)(Final Expense Products)
- Royal Neighbors of America(Final Expense Products)
- Great Western Insurance Company(Final Expense Products)
- Aflac(Final Expense Products)
- Athene(Annuity Products)
- Americo(Final Expense & Term Products)
- Columbian Financial Group(Final Expense, Term, Whole Life)
- Fidelity(Final Expense, Term, Whole Life)
- Foresters Financial(Final Expense & Term Products)
- John Hancock Insurance(Final Expense)
- Global Atlantic Group(Annuities)
- Liberty Bankers Life Insurance(Final Expense)
- National Life Group(Term, Indexed Universal Life & Whole Life Products)
- Lincoln Financial Group(Term Life Insurance Products)
- United Home Life(Final Expense Products)
- North American Life & Health Insurance(Term, guaranteed universal life insurance & Indexed Universal Life)
- American National Life Insurance Company(Indexed Universal Life Products)
- Nassau(Medicare & Annuities)
- Lafayette Life Insurance(Whole Life, Term, Fixed Annuities & Immediate Annuities)
Family First Life Other Ratings And Reviews
There are reviews that you can find for Family First Life on Trustpilot, Facebook and The Better Business Bureau. This can give you a better understanding of how much you decide to trust this life insurance agency. They have a 2.19 out of 5 with the Better Business Bureau as of 8/6/2023 which is not very good. There are 17 complaints closed in the last 3 years with 6 complaints closed in the last 12 months.
It looks like there are complaints from consumer’s they marketed to in the past and a previous agent partner of theirs. The full thread of Family First Life complaints is linked.
Brief History, Background and Contact Information
- Founded in 2013 by Shawn Meaike
- Bought out by Integrity Marketing Group in October 2019
- Over 136 offices nationwide
- Current CEO Shawn Meaike
- Headquarters is Located in 80 Norwich New London TPKE Uncasville, CT 06382
- Company Website: https://familyfirstlife.com/
- Company Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company Phone Number: 860-317-1324
Family First Life Lawsuits To Consider
According to resources online there are lawsuits that have been brought to Family First Life for issue with robocalls, texts and insurance agents. They have had a class action lawsuit against them, a lawsuit concerning leads they sell to agents, a robocall issue in michigan and Texas.
It is important to conduct your research concerning IMO’s like Family First Life in order to give you more insight into whether or not your want to deal with this company. You should always research and understand any life insurance agency you are thinking about doing business with.